Counterfeit versions of Web exist. Check for the following common indicators before purchasing this Beanie Baby:
1. The counterfeit Web has a blue-red colored stomach instead of the orange-red color on the authentic version.
2. The counterfeit version has a larger head than the authentic version.
3. The legs on the counterfeit version are longer than the legs on the authentic version.
4. Counterfeit swing tag has a has a brassy gold shine instead of regular gold color.
5. The gold edging on the counterfeit's swing tag is too thick.
6. The white on the inside of the counterfeit swing tag is too bright. The authentic version is more of an eggshell white.
7. The text on the inside of the counterfeit's swing tag is too small.
8. On the back of the counterfeit's swing tag, the numbers under the barcode are too small.
YouTube video Ty Beanie Baby Web - Fake vs Authentic
The creator of this video is not affiliated with tycollector.com