Counterfeit versions of Trap exist. Check for the following common indicators before purchasing this Beanie Baby:
1. The counterfeit version of Trap has a yellowish gray color instead of the bluish gray color of the authentic version.
2. The counterfeit version has a knot on the tail that is close to the body. The authentic version has its knot near the end (tip) of the tail.
3. The counterfeit has a pale pink nose. The authentic version has a peachy pink nose.
4. Inside the swing tag, "to", "from" and "with love" are the incorrect typeface (font).
5. Printing on the right inside of the swing tag on the counterfeit version is not correctly centered.
6. The third generation swing tag on a counterfeit is made from a shiny, slick, orange-red card stock common to many of the counterfeits. The color on an authentic version is 100% red.