Appreciation, Thanks & Credits
Tycollector.com would not be possible without the generous contributions of Ty products, photographs, information and advice from Ty collectors all over the world. We extend our sincerest thanks and appreciation to everyone who contributed, with special recognition to the following individuals and businesses:
H. Ty Warner for starting it all. We can easily imagine a world without iPhones, wide-screen TVs, Facebook and Starbucks, but not a world without Beanie Babies.
Wanda Whitley for giving us our first Beanie Baby as a Christmas present in Hanau, Germany. Wanda inspired our dream of a Beanie Baby museum.
Karen Holmes, editor of Ty Beanies Tracker Third Edition, for advising us on all things Ty, and helping us to fill so many empty spaces on our Beanie Baby shelves.
Karen Boeker, a knowledgeable collector and reseller, for providing so many of the hard-to-find Beanie Babies and Beanie oddities for our collection. Even more thanks Karen, for the first shiny apple in our collection; Tyra with pom-poms.
Phyllis Miceli who provided many of the photographs of prototypes shown at our site. Phillis also helped us locate other collectors who specialize in these rare and exotic collectibles.
Marc Ehrman at Fabric Friends & Dolls for always going the extra mile to help us obtain newly released Ty products
for the museum project.
Contributors to the Museum Collection
Collectors, resellers & retailers who have helped us by donating/gifting unusual or hard to find Ty memorabilia and plush items for museum exhibits.
Mark Ehrman - Maryland
Karen Boeker - Texas
Dianne Wall - Indiana
Claire's #6278, Fayetteville, NC
CVS - Fayetteville, NC
Inspirations Gift Shop - Aldershot, UK
Bobbi Tervo - Wisconsin
Tammy Conlee - Illinois
Debi Rice - Texas
Paula Kyle - Virginia
Tina Fruth - Ohio
Leslie Naumann - Texas
Sharon Mahler - Ohio
Hank's Cards - New Jersey
Kevin Rathbun - Florida
Collectors & Enthusiasts
Enthusiasts and collectors who have helped us by providing information or reporting typos or other mistakes we inadvertently made at the site.
Steve Moss - Cardiff, Wales, UK
- Aboutbeanies.com (inactive since 2007)
- Beanielad.com (Ty collector cards)
- Beaniemom.com (discontinued)
- Beanieuniverse.com (discontinued 2010)
- Bottega Beanies (Japanese site)
- Doodlespage.com (inactive since March 2011)
- Karenbrit.com (discontinued 2011)
- Peacebears.com (discontinued 2011)
- Slothitup.com (discontinuied)
- Ty Facebook page
People & Blogs
- Barbara Gorniak - information and photos on Chef Robuchon Beanie Baby
- Natalie Bell, Essex, UK - information on Beanie Baby swing tags
- Natasha Cupido, West Sussex, UK - information on Princess Beanie Baby
- Sonya Saville - information about Beanie Boos
- Vicky Krupka - extensive listings of Beanie Baby oddities
- Suzanne Bryan, Winchester, Indiana - Information on Princess Beanie Baby
- Vicky Russell - Information on Frankenteddy Beanie Babies
- Yvonne Brothers - information on Princess Beanie Baby
- Bean Plush Field Guide, 2nd Edition, Edited by Dan Brownell, Krause Publications, 2008
- The Beanie Baby Phenomenon!, Peggy Gallagher, 1997
- Beanie Collector magazine, Spring 1998, Trend Masters Publications
- Beanie Mania, Becky Phillips and Becky Estenssoro, 1997, Dinomates, Inc.
- Beanie Mania II, Becky Phillips and Becky Estenssoro, 1998, Dinomates, Inc.
- The Great Beanie Baby Bubble, by Zac Bissonnette, 2015, Portfolio / Penguin
- Ty Beanie Tracker, Third Edition, Edited by Karen Holmes, Bangzoom Publishers, 2007
- Mary Beth's Bean Bag World Counterfeit Digest #1, October 1999
- Mary Beth's Beanies & More, Collectors' Edition #5, September/October 2002
- Mary Beth's Beanies & More, Collectors' Edition #7, January/February 2003